4:56 PM

Why the travel blog?

Four years ago I went on a wonderful trip through Europe with my husband and at the time my eighteen month old son. While we have 100's of photos of all the places we visited such as London, Wales, Ireland, Rome, Amsterdam and Germany and now I think it is rather sad that I don't have an actual record of everything we experienced to go with all those photos, I have to continually rely on memory when I scrap my photos. While I did document some of the trip (mainly the beginning) eventually I stopped the recording.

I know that journalling is crucial to recalling those special memories. Journalling writing captures our thoughts and feelings on paper and shows us how we think, create, learn and intuit. I think when we can see what we're thinking, we can work with our thoughts in new ways and use those experiences to our benefit. (Not just scrapbooking)

I am in London now - in one week's time our family will celebrate my grandmother's 100th birthday and that's why this time I am determined to capture everything - so I have set up a journalling travel blog to record all my experiences. It's also helping me share this trip with my loving husband who could not join me on this journey. He can experience everything Braedon and I experience through my blog.

This blog is dedicated to my amazing grandmother who is turning 100 on the 8 November 2008 and my wonderful husband..

Julie

You Might Also Like

1 comments