10:16 AM

Cruise Norway - Day 3

Day at Sea. 

Today we were supposed to be docking at Stavagen and it's a little dissapointing that we're not, however the storm in the Norwegian sea is quite bad so we understand the Captains decision to increase speed along the coast to avoid the worst of the storm. Having said that, the sea is still quite rough, lucky we are at the back end (aft) of the ship where it isn't too bad.

We went to the Information session to find out a bit about our port stop tomorrow at Trondheim. I tried to mentally remember as much as I could, so we could visit the main sites. 

After lunch, we watched the line dancing in the afternoon and straight after that I joined the others in Trivia. I tried a Mojito and then had a Mai Tai, so I think that's enough cocktails for one day. We didn't win Trivia, too much competition, however our overall score wasn't too bad. 

Afternoon tea we indulged in a slide of the layered chocolate cake but at least we shared it between the four of us ie Bev, Chris, Ian and myself. We made a good go of it!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13uREzVd9ghjzsGy6auX-4hJzhf-r8uBHhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jiOax13LBMAJNb8YyJvHuHetKfMDk_Kp

I must admit I am still having trouble navigating the ship, but hey exploring is half the fun right. Despite the occasional confusion, getting lost on a cruise ship can be a rewarding adventure. Over the last few days I have stumbled upon hidden lounges, cozy corners, and a bar or two that I might have missed otherwise.

The waves are getting a lot worse as the day progresses. The ship is rolling more and you can feel it more so at the front of the ship. 

Our dining room evening meal was at 7.20 and we made our down and met the others within seconds of each other. As we progressed with our meal we ended up reliving some of our childhood adventures. Mainly the siblings had some stories to tell and  someday I will need to document them.

By the end of the meal, I had a throbbing headache (courtesy of the two cocktails earlier) and also felt rather seasick so we skipped the evening show and I went straight to bed. Here is a pic of us all at dinner.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZanPMJ_mhed3ralKRJRxJyh8DiqOCDYV

You Might Also Like

0 comments